LPD Turbine Generator
The LPD turbine generator uses low-pressure brine hydraulic energy to produce electrical energy.
- New brackish water RO systems
- Retrofit in existing brackish water RO systems
- Replace of Pressure Reducing Valve
- Conduit energy recovery
The LPD turbine generator Energy Recovery Device uses brine hydraulic energy to drive a standard induction motor that acts as a generator to produce electrical energy. Integrated into the unit is a regenerative VFD that regulates the LPD to achieve brine flow and pressure as required for the desired membrane operating conditions while extracting the maximum amount of electrical energy available from the brine stream. The vertically mount motor eliminates a large baseplate. The shaft alignment is assured by highly accurate machine fits of the components.
- Regenerative VFD – supplied by FEDCO
- Generator (standard induction motor) – rated for VFD usage, vertical operation, TEFC, NEMA or IEC frame
- Mechanical seal housing
- Turbine module
- Brine nozzle flow control
- Baseplate — powder coated or paint option
- Thrust bearing — water lubricated
- 316 SS or better material of construction
- Victaulic type pipe joints
Please contact Customer Service for manuals and drawings.